Available Recorded Programs
Acute Dental Pain Management & Prescribing of Controlled Substances:
A Current and Practical Program in Prescribing Controlled Substances is a 3 hour recorded program that covers all the requirements to satisfy the New York State, NYS, and many other state mandated, Pain Management, Palliative Care and Addiction Education requirements; specifically how to prescribe opioids and other controlled substances.
This program is designed for all prescribers issued a DEA number for the writing of controlled substances from the resident to our veterans about to retire. Through literature reviews, case studies and professional experience the participant will understand their role is combating the current opioid epidemic and how to safely prescribe controlled substances.
- Review State and Federal requirements;
- Establish a pain management plan for your office;
- Utilize appropriate prescribing practices;
- Manage Acute pain;
- Palliative medicine;
- Prevention, screening and signs of addiction;
- Responses to abuse and addiction;
- End of Life Care.
COMING SOON! The New York State 12 hour Sedation & Anesthesia Program for all Permit Holders
New York State and many other states now require providers who offer sedation to complete significant hours of continuing education focused on Anesthesia Complications and Airway Management. This program is designed for Oral, Parenteral and General Anesthesia permit holders.
I will demonstrate, through case studies, how utilizing TLC, Nitrous Oxide, Alcohol, Anxiolysis, Oral and I.V. Sedation, can help and manage the apprehensive patient. We will also role-play and simulate dental office emergencies. A significant amount of time will focus on airway management by the solo operator or as a team member working with an anesthesiologist. Other courses teach you how to medicate, communicate and delegate. This course pulls it all together and satisfies the NYS mandated 12 hour CE requirement in enteral, parenteral and I.V. sedation.
- Course Objectives:
- Early recognition of airway problems and corrective techniques.
- How to perform dentistry on a sedated patient with an open or compromised airway.
- Be able to manage anesthesia related emergencies.
Get Started Today
Simply click the link provided at the end of the course description and fill out the required information. Then, simply choose the courses you interested in from the course catalog.
You can purchase courses both as a group or as single installments. If you purchase a single module, upon completion of that module you will receive a discount code to purchase additional modules without paying a premium.
See sample below:
Benefits of Using an ADA CERP Provider
- All US and Canadian jurisdictions that have implemented CE requirements for licensure accept CE credits issued by a recognized ADACERP provider. Please note some jurisdictions may have additional criteria.
- Credits are accepted by the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) towards fellowship and mastery awards.
- Programs are based on sound scientific principles.
Affordable CE Credits is a recognized ADA CERP provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professional in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints regarding any program offered by Affordable CE Credits may be submitted via email or in writing to the address provided in the “contact us “page of this website. You can also write to the ADA CERP at www.ada.org.